- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
L. Linkevičius highlights Russia's responsibility for the future of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
On 4-5 December in Brussels, NATO Foreign Ministers stressed that the Euro-Atlantic area had been facing the most serious challenges to security and stability since the end of the Cold War.
"There is almost no treaty or agreement left, which has not been violated by Russia or undermined by its actions, but it's the extent of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty breaches that is particularly worrying," said the Minister Linas Linkevičius.
Allies agreed that Russia was in violation of the INF Treaty. On 4 December, NATO Foreign Ministers issued a statement calling on Russia to return urgently to full and verifiable compliance and to preserve the INF Treaty.
When discussing other items on the transatlantic agenda, the Minister L. Linkevičius stressed the need for implementation of agreements and decisions taken at the NATO summits of Warsaw and Brussels in a timely or appropriate manner. Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister highlighted strengthening air defense capabilities in the Baltic region.
As regards the current state of interaction between the EU and NATO, the Minister Linas Linkevičius said that in developing European defense capabilities, it was important not to duplicate NATO, which remained a pillar of collective defense.