- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Minister Linkevičius discusses regional security with the new Ambassador of Norway
On 24 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Norway to Lithuania Karsten Klepsvik and discussed bilateral relations between Lithuania and Norway, and the strengthening of cooperation on issues of importance for our region’s security.
In the meeting, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasized that Norway was a close and reliable partner of Lithuania, while the two countries cooperated closely, particularly in economic, energy security, defence, and other fields.
“Norway is an important NATO ally. Let me thank you for your solidarity and for the country’s significant input into the strengthening of security in the Baltic states,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.
Norway joined NATO’s enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania that contributes to deterrence. In addition, the country has participated in the NATO Baltic Air Policing mission.
According to Minister Linkevičius, as the region is facing current geopolitical challenges, it is important to further strengthen the Nordic Baltic Eight (NB8) cooperation, especially seeking to achieve solidarity solutions as regards the region’s energy security, information security, hybrid threats and support for the Eastern Partnership countries. Lithuania’s Foreign Minister noted that the international community should adhere to a resolute common position towards Russia and sanctions against Russia should remain in place until the full implementation of the Minsk agreements.
The Ambassador of Norway Klepsvik presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 16 January.