- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 12 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the March of the Living in Paneriai.
- 2018-05-23 On 23 May at 3:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with Georgian students studying in Lithuania.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a Government sitting in the Seimas.
- 2018-05-24 On 24 May at 5:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening of Africa Day celebrations at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library.
Lithuania will continue to support reform of Moldova’s judicial sector
On 1 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Justice of Moldova Alexandru Tănase in Vilnius.
Minister Linkevičius emphasized that a modern and effective judicial reform was one of the key tasks for Moldova in the context of the overall process of the implementation of national reforms. Lithuania is ready to continue to share its experience in this field with this country. “The main thing is to help the people of Moldova feel positive changes and outcomes of reforms,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.
Moldova’s Minister of Justice informed that he had prepared a plan for the implementation of the judicial reform for a short period of time and presented the following priorities: to promote the rule of law through civil society oversight, to implement the human resources reform, to increase judicial accountability, and to ensure judicial independence.
The provision of support to Moldova is among Lithuania’s development cooperation priorities. In 2006-2017, Lithuania implemented 123 projects in Moldova amounting to more than USD 848, 000. Lithuania’s development cooperation funds were used. Many of these projects were implemented in support of the judicial reform, to strengthen the Constitutional Court and other judicial institutions. Thanks to the support of Lithuania and other EU partners, the Constitutional Court of Moldova is currently one of the most modern constitutional courts in the region. The incumbent Minister of Justice of Moldova Tănase was a long-time President of the Constitutional Court of Moldova. He served from 2011 to 2017.
Moldova’s Minister of Justice is paying a visit to Lithuania at the invitation of the Minister of Justice of Lithuania. This is his first overseas visit after his appointment as Moldova’s Minister of Justice.